Greetings from the Flying Scot Fleet, at Portage Yacht Club, on Portage Lake.
- The Club is hosting a mid-summer Invitational Open Class Series held over 4 consecutive weeks on Saturdays in June.
- The Sailboat Racing Social Membership has been initiated for those looking for a taste of racing at Portage Yacht Club on Thursdays and mostly Saturdays throughout the entire season. Optional memberships are also available for daily use and waterfront moorings. Plus an option if you sail from your cottage on the lake.
- Weekends (mostly Saturdays) May 11 thru September 15 (called the Gold Series) split into a various series per the race notice. First warning signal at noon.
- Thursday evenings May 9 thru Sept 19 (called the Silver Series). Warning signal at 7:00. We operate with a base of 20 race evenings broken into 2 sub-series of 10 evenings.
- The Flying Scot Fleet has been sailing on Portage Lake since the early 60’s. The Fleet has hosted the Districts a number of times over the years, and hosts a fall invitational regatta annually. Fleet members have travelled to off-lake events over the years.
Aside from all the on the water activities the Fleet members enjoy hanging out after the races at the club to socialize.
We hope that you’ll join this for some competitive racing, simply fun sailing, and great comradery.
Contact the club office at: email@example.com