Greetings from the Interlake Fleet at Portage Yacht Club on Portage Lake. We hope that you’ll join us for some competitive racing, simply fun sailing, and great comradery.
- The Sailboat Racing Social Membership has been initiated for those looking for a taste of racing at Portage Yacht Club on Thursdays and most Saturdays throughout the entire season. Optional memberships are also available for daily use and waterfront moorings. Plus an option if you sail from your cottage on the lake.
- The Club is hosting a mid-summer Invitational Open Class Series held over 4 consecutive weeks on Saturdays in June.
- Thursday evenings May 9 thru Sept 19 (called the Silver Series). Warning signal at 7:00. We operate with a base of 20 race evenings broken into 2 sub-series of 10 evenings.
- Weekends (mostly Saturdays) May 11 thru September 15 (called the Gold Series) split into a various series per the race notice. First warning signal at noon, with second waning at 2pm.
- The Interlake has been sailed on Portage Lake since the early 70’s. The Interlake Fleet has hosted the nationals 4-5 times over the years, and annually hosts a fall invitational regatta. Fleet members from time to time travel to regattas off the lake including the Nationals.
Aside from all the on the water activities the Fleet members enjoy hanging out after the races at the club to socialize.
We hope you’ll join us on the starting line this season.
Contact the club office at: email@example.com