Greetings from the Open Fleet at Portage Yacht Club on Portage Lake.
Open Fleet History and status:
- Our sailboat racing here at Portage Lake started out as an Open Class organization back in the early 1950’s. Various fleets have come and gone over the years.
- As in any sailing organization flexibility is the key to success and we are set up to accommodate those who wish to participate assuming your boat will comfortably launch in the lake.
- Recent boats in the Open Class Fleet are the Sunfish and MC Scow. Those boats race on Tuesday evening. Boats that require more than one person to sail can accommodated on Thursday evenings and/or Saturdays.
- In addition, any Class with keen enthusiasm and regular participation numbers that attain individual fleet status, may elect to hold an invitational regatta for their class.
- Single-handed boats: Weekly racing begins Tuesday evenings late May thru early September.
- Multi-handed boats: Thursday evenings late May thru early Sept 19 (called the Silver Series).
- Multi-handed boats Weekends (mostly Saturdays) late May thru early September.
Note: The Official Notices, schedules and other information can be found in the Race Committee notices located here.
We hope that you’ll join our Open Fleet this season for some competitive racing, simply fun sailing, and great comradery.
Contact: The club office at email@example.com or 734-426-4155
Boating Links, Race Schedule Silver and Gold series race notice